For hundreds of years, scientists have studied algae in its many forms, both as a food source and a supplement, providing us with a deep knowledge of its astounding nutritional benefits.
At the core of our products is one of the best organic blue-green algae in the world, known as “blue-green algae” (Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae or AFA).
What is so special about AquaSource Organic Algae?
Our Organic Algae has remarkable properties and is officially classified as a Superfood. This is because it’s an extremely efficient, nutrient-rich food source, providing significant amounts of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals.
Its superior nutritional qualities may also support the body’s natural recovery process and help to prolong a more productive lifestyle.
Where is it sourced?
The highest quality organic blue-green algae is found in Upper Klamath Lake in the Cascade Mountains, Southern Oregon, USA.
Fed by no less than seventeen pure mountain streams and geothermal springs, this ancient lake boasts the most mineral-rich alkaline waters in the world.
The algae found here contains such a rich source of a wide range of nutrients that nothing equals its nutritional profile. It’s a blue-green miracle!
Its nutritional wonders include:
- Vitamin B12 - increases energy and reduces fatigue. It supports a healthy digestive system, nervous system, and normal cognitive function.
- Vitamin B5 - aids your metabolism, helps maintain healthy skin, and supports your nervous system to help reduce stress.
- Vitamin C - reduces fatigue and contributes to better cognitive function. It’s essential to your immune system and necessary for collagen - the main structural protein found in connective tissue.
- Vitamin E - protects the cells from oxidative stress.
- Iron - necessary for good muscle function, essential to the formation of haemoglobin and promotes cognitive function.